I was tagged by Mrs. Jetplane for a Candy Cane tag, so fun! The instructions are to Copy, Paste, Answer, Add a Question, Tag the 3 bloggers with the most recent updates on your blog feed/roll, let them know they’ve been tagged in a comment, and learn about your fellow bloggers.
So…here are the questions and my answers:
1. What is your favorite Christmas Movie? National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. I even have the Cousin Eddie down pat:
3. Favorite Holiday Memory? The first “family” Christmas I spent with my parents and Mr. Wonderful (and the first time he met my father, yikes! haha). He was living in the Middle East at the time, but flew halfway across the world to spend Christmas with us. We picked him up at the Denver airport, and then drove to the mountains to spend a snowy Christmas at my family ski cabin. The entire weekend was a cherished memory, but what sticks out most is hitting the ski lodge I practically grew up in, and introducing him to the bartender that’s been a staple there my entire life. He decided some new family
schenanigans bonding was in order, and this was the result:
(That would be a parabolic ski, retrofitted with 4 shotglass holders. You say trouble, I say teamwork.)
4. What is your favorite cookie/treat to make? I don’t have much of a sweet tooth, nor do I have any baking skills, so I’ll just say whatever Mama Martini makes for us.
5. Have you ever made an igloo? We tried many times as kids, but never got it right.
6. Do you love Starbucks? Sorry I certainly do! We used to make daily holiday runs to the ‘bucks during winter break in high school, and consumed far too many Caramel Apple Ciders for our own good.
7. What makes the perfect Snowman? I agree with Mrs. Jetplane, creative accessories are a must! And, in the event you don’t have any accessories, a little ingenuity goes a loooong way.
(Frosty the Microbrew Snowman)
9. Best gift you have ever received? I was fortunate enough to receive the ultimate little girl Christmas present when I was around 8 – my very own horse. His name was Grits, and he was beautiful. He was also very mean, and liked everybody else but me to ride him.
10. What is the snowman’s name on Rudolph? No clue? Sad, I’m failing Christmas trivia!
11.Silver or Gold? Silver
12. What is your favorite Christmas decoration? A set of 3 Christmas tree decorations I purchased at Costco. They’re about 2 feet tall, and are wild, bright, abstract pieces. They look very Cat In The Hat.
16. What was your favorite ornament on the tree as a child? I remember a little wooden toy soldier-type thing, that did jumping jack moves when you pulled his string.
(Lulah, caught rummaging through the presents last Christmas)