Here’s a little brain dump- or I guess life dump- to archive what we’ve been up to this last busy month of ours…
– I’m 3 weeks into my first NutriSystem plan and I *LOVE* it! Love the food, love the convenience, love the fact that I am actually doing something about the extra weight I keep complaining about in my head. So long, squishy love handles that prevent me from bending properly to the side!
– I’ve had the urge to give myself a string cheese mustache every day during my afternoon NutriSystem snack. I finally caved.
– If you don’t follow me on Twitter, than you don’t hear about how my husband broke his nose playing in a rugby game a few weeks ago. And had emergency surgery to correct the damage. For about 12 hours, I was married to a brunette Owen Wilson. And they gave him purple socks to wear with little bear paw non-slip grips on the bottom. I would lurrrrve to post some of the photos of the eventful weekend on here, but a) he would kill me, and b) they would probably turn your stomach. Consider yourself saved.
– We finally moved ‘out tha ghetto’! Words cannot properly express how much I am obsessed with our new town house. His and hers offices! Formal dining space! A vegetable garden! I’ll give you a little tour once I finally have the place in shape for guests.
– My mom came to visit and help us relocate, since I perfectly timed our move to happen during my husband’s midterms and a busy workweek. The plus side? Our move also fell during the same weekend as Junior League of Phoenix’s Rummage Sale, so we were able to take our moving U-Haul TO Rummage!
This was my first time at Rummage, and we certainly made the most of it. You bet we filled that U-Haul *full* of furniture and electronics (hello, $10 televisions! )for the new house.
– The Mr. turned the big 3-0! We celebrated with a seafood dinner, complete with dirty martinis. The whole meal was just comically horrible. Terrible service, wierd food, even the cocktails were off. I don’t think we’ll go back for another round of blue cheese-stuffed olives in our dirty martinis, since there are fewer things wierder than chunks of blue cheese floating around in your vodka. But you know what? We had one of the best nights ever. A complete blast.
It just goes to show that even the worst of times can be the best of times when you have the right company. The Mr. was expecially excited that night, because he received an extra-special birthday present:
A (terribly photographed posterity photo of) an iPad! Welcome to the future, Husband!
That’s a brief little glimpse into the Martini household over the last few weeks… What have you been up to?